Praise for this book: This book succeeds in its aim of providing a practically useful and theoretically sound comprehensive book on hearing aids …It makes the most complicated concepts easy to understand, with excellent cross referencing …I certainly wouldn’t want to be without this book and I highly recommend it to everyone with an interest in hearing aids. — Pauline Smith, ENT & Audiology News
Praise for the first edition: One of the best textbooks I have ever used…written by a researcher with a stellar reputation [who is also] an expert on the clinical aspects of the field…packed with information from both a theoretical and practical perspective…makes difficult concepts comprehensible…from an instructors point of view, it is a sheer delight. –Adrienne Rubenstein, PhD, Professor, Department of Speech Communication Arts and Sciences, Brooklyn College, New York
* Completely revised to reflect the research and technological advances of the last decade
* New chapters on directional microphones and the latest digital signal processing strategies
* Extensive coverage of all aspects of open-canal, thin-tube hearing aids
* Practical tips, tables, and procedures designed to be pinned on the walls of clinics
* Each cross-referenced chapter builds on the previous chapters
Hearing Aids, Second Edition, is a book within a book:
* Each chapter has a one-page synopsis that captures the key concepts of each topic
* The material that students most need is contained in marked paragraphs that flow after each other to form a coherent thin book inside the larger book
* Intervening additional paragraphs add satisfying depth
Written, comprehensively referenced, and extensively reviewed by leaders in the field, this book is ideal as a core graduate text as well as a standard reference for clinicians.
Forfatter: Harvey Dillon.
Utgitt: 2012. Antall sider: 631. Språk: Engelsk. Format: Innbundet.
Forlag: Thieme Medical Publishers Inc. ISBN/EAN: 9781604068108.